Go directly to the application form »
Classifications – Exempt Position
Reports to – VP of Client Services & Quality
Date – March 4, 2016
The Technical Support Specialist is a staff position within the Technical Services group. Responsible for utilizing his/her skills and experience to complete compliance-based customer projects such as device imaging and configuration for deployment. Also provides assistance to the Dynamic Computer team by resolving technical problems within the Business office that cover a wide spectrum of technical disciplines. Represent DCC as the voice and the face of the IT Department to our customers by assisting on sales opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide primary technical assistance and user support to all employees within a Windows Enterprise environment and other core business applications.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of all end user hardware, software and related peripherals.
- Provides support for office network, telecommunications and conferencing services.
- Ensures technology services are kept up to date and meets corporate security standards.
- Serves as subject matter expert for business solutions.
- Configure systems to customer specification.
- Develop and document work instructions for customer projects.
- Provide support for on-site server and network administration.
- Install selected software and hardware products.
- Expected to participate in learning new technologies and career development opportunities as presented.
- Repair hardware as necessary and work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in MIS technology.
- Recommend changes in software and hardware to improve computer capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize MIS resources.
- Participates in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures and systems; to identify opportunities for process and technology improvement.
- Technical Capacity.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ability to prioritize support based on changing requirements.
- Ability to multitask while meeting various deadlines.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional IT office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, computer hardware, various computer software computer monitors, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of experience as a computer specialist.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Relevant software certifications.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
It is the policy of Dynamic Computer Corporation not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Dynamic Computer Corporation to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional duties may be assigned as needed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.